VDSL2 Router with OpenWRT sold in Israel

Hi,

@yuvadm looking at you:
I need to buy a router to replace my malfunctioning N600 and I cannot find any intersection between ksp.com | ivory.com & openwrt.org

Does anyone know where to buy one that is supported?

Alon

0 Likes

Try plonter and zigzag2000 too.

0 Likes

Zigzag site is not up to date. Send them mail.

0 Likes

BTW, installing new internet in apartment, does anyone know of a way to start with a decent router not from the ISP?

0 Likes

You can use the ISP router as modem or buy one yourself.
Look here: https://www.netcheif.com/Articles/VDSL_Router/VDSL_Router.htm

0 Likes

That is exactly what I am talking about. I had a router that broke, TP-LINK TD-9980, worked with openwrt, had some small problems but now it just died so I’m looking to replace it.
I found via openwrt this on ebay I’m going to try to buy:
BT Home Hub 5@ebay

This type of model (VDSL2) fits bezeq infrastructure, if you need hot than I think you need something else.

0 Likes

Right, I’m just trying to avoid that. i.e. I prefer not to have another router at home that I do not control.

0 Likes

Plonter also produced zero routers supported by openwrt. Zigzag as well, at least what you say is not up to date - how do you know?

0 Likes

OK, got Bezeq installed today in my apartment, vdsl2, TD-W9970 when I borrowed from a friend, so I am looking to order the best meanest router you can recommend.

0 Likes

I ordereda Netgear DM200 which I will test as soon as it arrives.

0 Likes

Has only one ethernet port and no external antenna. I am looking for something that would run the house.

@yuvadm Do you have any input? Good VDSL2 router?

0 Likes

I plan to complement it with another router offering wifi. If I could find one doing both I would.

0 Likes

Going to UK, seems like there is a larger variety of routers there. Anyone can recommend anything from Amazon.co.uk?

0 Likes

i have the TD-W9970 at home, it might run the same hardware as TD-W9980, or close enough to use the same Firmware. i’ll update you. * looking for my screw driver *

i’ll get back to you in couple of days. bug me if not

0 Likes

meanwhile I switched to HOT so now I need a what, DOCSIS 3.0 compatible modem? not even sure what to look for. Anyway, VDSL2 not relevant for now. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hey,
So I got in London a Linksys WRT1900ACS router. They go for 1020NIS here, and 550NIS in UK (paid 750 because I had 2 days). They actually say “Open source ready” on the box.
Its super powerful and I would love ideas about how to use it. Can also report here tests.

It seems from what I am reading vdsl2 firmware is proprietary and not supported in OpenWRT. So I have to have a modem, and a powerful router and not a single device (as much as I want to save on power usage).

0 Likes