As I’ve been doing these introductory ‘classes’ in the past few months I’ve come to realize that a few changes/notices are in order.
First and foremost : Here is a playlist i compiled ,and will be periodically updating, that should serve as background info before coming to the class. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWJ-B21fzze78XtJoL1tclYcBoCEiNVg1
Due to the natural time constraints that are forced upon us by our own mortality and me being a person who doesn’t like wasting that time when it can be better utilized to make chips out of metal (or your preferred starchy food staff), I’d like you to politely regard those videos as mandatory.
For the same reasons mentioned above : please come a few minutes before the actual start which is at 19:00 sharp. the class ends at around 21:00 but I do try to not finish without completing the current explanation. For updates or changes check https://t.me/ISATAMI beforehand
- Tools and Machines may only be used by AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL.
- Only work with tools and machines that you have been authorized to use.
- Consider yourself UNAUTHORIZED until further notice.
- No loose clothing including ties, necklaces, floppy sleeves, jewelry, etc.
- Long hair MUST be tied back
- Safety glasses MUST be warn at all times
- Wear non-slippery, thick, leather work shoes, preferably rubber-soled
- Open-toed footwear is not permitted in the shop
- Safety guards MUST be in place at all times, ensure guides and fences are tight
- Keep you work area clean, do not place tools and materials on the machine table
- Put tools away when you are done using them
- NEVER leave tools unattended
- Only one person may work on a machine at a time
- Keep blades covered as much as possible
- NEVER push a cutter towards any part of your body
- NEVER remove metal chips, turnings, or shavings with your hands
- No running or horseplay
- No eating in the shop area
- It is your responsibility to know and follow these and all other relevant safety rules
hope to see you soon,