Shuken 19 Lights and doors

Hey all,
i was thinking about improving the light situation at the new space and come up with a new design for the front glass door.

i was thinking to take all the LED tubes from the old space and situate the at the new space.
and start planning for fixing\replacing the glass door with something more robust.

if you are interested in helping in any way (including moral support)
welcomed to join :smiley:

The plan for the Lights:

Day 1 :

• a few of hours of planning the layout at shoken and marking placement for cables and lights
  • humus
  • going to KG45 and another couple of hours striping the LEDs
  • pizza (can be vegan if you are into it)

Day 2 :

• drilling all the mounting hardware (4-5 hours)
  • falafel
  • hanging the LEDS (2 hours)
  • wokrepublic
  • running wires (no idea how long, last time took some time)
  • beers

Day 3 :

• ???

Day 4:

• profit.

Idea for the Door

i was thinking (if the current state of frame allows) to make wood Belgian doors ala Molet style (we can asked them for guidelines if needed, they will be happy to help). itโ€™s cheap(ish) itโ€™s sturdy, and looks nice IMO.

looks like that (if someone has a better pic from our visit that would be nice @dkostadinov7 ?)

Any suggestions are more then welcomed

1 Like

iโ€™ll be happy to help
i fantasized of an acid-etch or laseredcut metal /wood door

how about Thursday ? we can meet and discuss the details with @moop ?

cool!
I cant do thursday though.
either weekend or monday or wendsday

magniv :smiley:

weekend it is.

friday is ok ?

yea

good for me too after 1400

sababa friday it is

On my way , will b there by 1500 with a bunch of leds

Do we have more 220v led tubes , how many - I am Abt to go make some wood strips to hold LEDs at 45 deg. angle to ceiling and wanna know how much of room needs to be lit after tunes are used

We have ~10 more. and we can do another section of lights. when ever you are ready.

so far it was a great first day -

Replacing the door - Update:
we have an action plan to replace the door, it turns out that there is just enough space to build a new frame without disassembling the old one first, meaning we can wait to the last minute, build everything needed first - then tear down the old frame.

This is what @moop and i came up with:
steel frame (50mm square tube) filled with glass/plexi/wood/other what ever we feel like (we can do really cool things here) mounted to the wall with concrete anchors (see last pic)

let me know what you think.

red point mark anchors

1 Like

ืื ื™ ืฉื•ืืœ ืืช ืขืฆืžื™ ืื ื›ื“ืื™ ืœื”ืฉืื™ืจ ื—ืœืง ืžื–ื” ื›ื“ืœืช ืืคืฉืจื™ืช. ืœืžืงืจื” ืฉื ืฆื˜ืจืš ืœื”ื›ื ื™ืก ื“ื‘ืจื™ื ื’ื“ื•ืœื™ื.

ื”ืื ืœื ื ื™ืชืŸ ืœื”ื–ื™ื– ืืช ืฉืขื•ื ื™ ื”ืžื™ื?
ื–ื” ื™ืืคืฉืจ ื‘ื ื™ื™ืช ื“ืœืช ื‘ืขืœืช ืฉื ื™ ื—ืœืงื™ื, ืคืชื— ืจื’ื™ืœ ืœืฉื™ืžื•ืฉ ื™ื•ืžื™ื•ืžื™ ื•ืคืชื— ื’ื“ื•ืœ ืœืžืงืจื” ืฉืฆืจื™ืš ืœื”ื›ื ื™ืก ื“ื‘ืจื™ื ื’ื“ื•ืœื™ื.

ื”ื—ืœืง ื”ื’ื“ื•ืœ ืžื™ืžื™ืŸ ื”ื•ื ื”ื“ืœืช ืฉื™

ืœื ื™ื•ื“ืข ืื ื–ื” ืืคืฉืจื™ ืื‘ืœ ื”ืจื•ื—ื‘ ืฉืœ ื”ืชื›ื ื•ืŸ ื”ื—ื“ืฉ ื”ื•ื ื™ื•ืชืจ ืจื—ื‘ ืžื” ื“ืœืช ืจื’ื™ืœื”

The shop front width is ~2.00m so the door width would be ~ 1.50m

Iโ€™ll join this thread from the other one

door space is
180cm width x 210cm height , or 300cm height if we replace the top windows

there is also the second entrance that we usually use ,
90cm width x 208 cm height or 290cm height including window

I was planning to get 5mm iron plates for main door and laser or etch designs into it , prices in other thread, abt 1000NIS if we do etching on our own instead of lasercuts

anyone know any metal scrap sources in the merkaz - junkyards etc selling metal by kilo

By โ€œmerkazโ€ do you mean โ€œmerkaz haโ€™aretzโ€?