New location options for TAMI (another round of)

Test2, kfir is referring to the amount of contributing donators.

Regarding Central Bus Station, AFAIK its closed at night, after the last bus. Might be wrong.
BTW, idish theater is an amazing space, very special

Michael has been busy and found the addresses below to start inquiring and checking out the relevant ones.
I suggest the following criterion as minimum requirements to check out the place:

1. Area: 120sqm +, or 100sqm if the ceiling is high (5-6m)
  2. can be ventilated and air conditioning exists or can be added
  3. allows heavy machinery, including good access to bringing them
  4. work allowed at least 16hours a day
  5. noisey work allowed
  6. parking at the place or nearby
  7. maximum total cost 7,500 per month (we pay now 7200 , considered lower than the market value for similar spaces).
  8. land owner can give at least 2years (e.g. 1 year + option)

too strict? anything else?

photo5918193926202831096|281x500

Cheap enough to operate with current budget means much lower price, or are you including arnona?

You’re right, I didn’t include arnona, we should include and aim at a lower total.

For the 201sqm we’re on right now we pay

• 36NIS / sqm / month on rent
  • 14NIS/ sqm / month on arnona (as Beit Melacha, before mosad mitnadev)

I.e. total of 50NIS / sqm / month i.e. total of 10,000NIS / month

1 Like

Ok CBS is closed at 0:30 (the entrance).
And they open at 4:30 or 5:00
So if you came at 23:32 and you do work at tami watch a film with the others, just get out at 6:00 after having fun with your friends. Make sure to have enough beer😃

So at cbs you have a lock down, but the exit doors should work.
Try it, go to cbs at 0:01h a.d stay there until 2:30 and try to get out.
The fire exit doors have to work.
So the closure is against people getting in at night. But any big building has to have operational unlocked fire exits.

So you always get out, I am sure.

If you go to a cultural place drink beer talk and so on, it can be late and you need to get out.
So tami is also a cultural place like yiddish.library and so on. CBS has a cool rotten “lost place still in operation” flair.

Cheers

Ludwig

What about holon? Is arnona cheaper there?
Holon is so near to south tlv so it is worth a look.

Cheers

Ludwig

Keeping the current place.
Keep in mind that moving is lot of work.
Also rebuilding platforms and taking machines like the big chinese milling machine is a LOT of work so the new place should be half priced compared to the existing place after they made a new contract
Maybe ask the landlord to be nice and make it a bit cheaper invite tgem to events and be nice to them as this could be less work than moving all the stuff

Cheers

Ludwig

I think that the target rent should be 5000.

List of possible locations in arnona area 3:

1. בניין מרכזים מולינו

2. מרכז פנרמה בן צבי 92

3. בן צבי 78: מבנים ישנים בשני צידי הדרך

4. מספר בניינים ליד חבר הלאומים 14. באזור האקדמית תל אביב יפו

5. בר לב 126

6. בר לב 98

7. רחוב לח"י ממשה דיין עד אצ"ל

8. קיבוץ גלויות מיד אחרי הפנייה לשוקן.

We need to find out as early as possible if & how to transfer the arnona classification to our new location.
If so we’ll be on a fixed tarrif of 167/sqm/year regardless on the Arnona zoning , but who knows with the iriya.
If not possible then it’d be a good idea to start off on the cheaper one as you suggested

I don;t have the time to check this right now @rshouker , @shayg any chance?

First let’s find a new place.

@kfir offered to scout the list I gathered.

1 Like

cool @beticenudi as well and so will I
we need initial filtering, calling phone numbers and removing irrelevant options before we start the legwork.
I think that if we manage to reduce from 10,000/month to 8000/month will greatly increase our chances of surviving. This is our 80-20.

reminding the other requirements:

let me know when and i will come with you.

Door should be wide enough for a wheelchair and elevator.

1 Like

Maybe ask Holon, as the Iria is smaller there is less buerocracy. So ask in Holon how much the Arnona is and if tami can get the better Arnona classification.
Or claim that tami is a bet knesset of the flying drill bit.
So south of kibbuz galiot Holon starts, so there should be shity cheap storage places to hold the tami.
This could be a cheaper solution.
Everybody wants an office at the beach so if it would be cheap I would like to have tami near the beach but unfortunately it is expensive because everybody wants. So take a location not everybody wants and ask for cheaper rent and cheaper Arnona.
Why not North Holon? Please look there also, paying 6000 instead of 8000 would be a better option or getting more space for a bit cheaper.

transferred discussion to: Shin 7 workspace

Just spoke to Matan from Shin 7, he’s the owner
This post and link to discourse will be sent to him.

Matan, has seen our Arnona plea and has been contemplating what to do lately with his space.
His space of 450sqm is divided into: his workshop , letting/renting workshops and letting/renting offices.

Lately he said he wants to do 100% workshops.
One option he is considering is renting together with other like-minded partners (the other is to move to somewhere smaller). TAMI with Shin 7 and others is an option, and from his point of view TAMI’z are a rare find.

So we agreed that I will pass on to TAMI , and decide when we are ready to visit (I said very soon). He’s flexible and around the corner.
We can see his place as well as meet him and see if we can collaborate in some fashion by combining our community not only with his space, but also with his vision to fill the place with workshops.

Other resources:

[Your annual S.O.S (the post on facebook)

Arnona round 3 - focus group for artists and makers of Tel Aviv //

If you mean the “new” central station, It’s quite a procedure to enter there when there are no busses. You need to call the Moked, and wait until someone open (a particular gate near the service taxis.)

1 Like

You have to remember that the prices stated usually require the addition of VAT (we can’t get a tax refund for it since we are not dealing with VAT.)

1 Like

VAT works like germany :smiley:
If you dont bill vat you cant deduct vat.

1 Like

Got information about 11,000 square meters that are going to be turned into an underground city at the lower floors at the CBS. It’s a big project with lot’s of bodies involved in.
When do we want to see and hear what’s happening there?

• הפיל הלבן
2 Likes