For Amuta assembly: rephrasing Amuta objectives

Last year our application for Mosad Mitnadev was rejected due to the phrasing of our Amuta objectives.
We need to rephrase:
What is our current phrasing?
@yair99 you said the lawyer volunteers to rephrase them, now is the time.
I recall our original lawyer said that changing the Amuta objectives require court approval, so it’s urgent.

The relevant objective should be something like:
הפעלת סדנת עבודה טכנולוגים עבור הציבור במחירי עלות
[במקום עבור חבריו]
I don’t remember the exact original phrasing, but that was the spirit of it.

1 Like

I’m sure I like the “טכנולוגים” in there, after all working with wood or crochet is not technical. Maybe we can do better and come up with goals that will still be valid when we take over the world :-). After all, we don’t have to do everything in our goals, but they should cover our wildest TAMI-related dreams.

Maker has just got a word in hebrew (עשיין), so maybe we should position the Amuta as the champion of makers. I copy and adapt what we have in The Public Knowledge Workshop (PKW):

מטרות העמותה הינן:

1. פעילות, חינוך והסברה למען קידום העשיינות לרבות איחוד כל תמימי הדעים בתחום זה.
  2. החזקה ותפעול של סדנת עשיינות למען הציבור.
  3. מתן סיוע ציבורי ומוסרי לפועלים למען מטרות העמותה.

If you’d like I can run it by the lawyer who did it for Hasadna.

0 Likes

Since it requires a judge approval (I think,) I suggest staying close as possible to the current objectives.
And you have a typo: אחזקה and not החזקה.

0 Likes

the current amute objectives appear on guidestar

attached is the official word about what they didn’t like about our objectives, can also be found on the dedicated wiki page.

600px-Mosad-2018-answer

note, this fail point is open to interpretation. so the key is to make sure the muni (עירייה) is backing us up. the sub-head of the muni division handling such requests is signed on that document. any leverage we might have should be directed to that point.

it is important that the amuta is doing volunteering work (naturally) and that it is supplying a service inside the muni sphere of operations[1]. but again, this are open to interpretation, and a word with the right people[2] might be more beneficial then the official path.

regarding changes to the amuta goals, and 2019 moasd mitandev submission
the good: our lawyer (that handled the arnona סיווג) agreed to help with corrections we need to make, without further pay.
the bad: tami still owes him ~4500 for his work.
the good: he agreed to delay the pay until we can rise the sum. i wouldn’t bother him before then.
the bad: מוסד מתנדב thing needs to be (re)submitted no later then end of march.
the good: but, “corrections” can be made after that date, up to 3-4 months in.

[1]this last is important, our lawyer told me of a case involving עמותת טבע ודין that tried to get such mitnadev statues and was declined as they were giving a service (true and good) that was not directed specifically to תושבי תל אביב.

[2] any official contact/meeting with the muni should be coordinated with the task leader[3]. getting a meeting with X or Y from the muni is only beneficial if its done as part of a clear uniform action, so i believe.

[2a] same goes for involving lawyers. tami’s official lawyer is j klinger (the awesome), he has been signing our amuta docs, pro bono, for years. and we have the arnona lawyer, which is handling that front. but if the advice is free…

[3] this needs someone to be available for meetings and schmoozing with reps, sometimes in short notice, and focused on the end-point. i can offer my experience and handling the paperwork, the docs are almost ready to be submitted, again.

0 Likes

@yair99 Perhaps we should apply satating that T.A.M.I helps in UN Sustainable Development Goal No 9.

Each city has to publish what they do for the SMG to the UN. And T.A.M.I helps bridge the digital divide, also we can mention works that @yuvadm did with the wifi stuff.

http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/sustainable-development-goals/goal-9-industry-innovation-and-infrastructure.html

Goal 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure

Investment in infrastructure and innovation are crucial drivers of economic growth and development. With over half the world population now living in cities, mass transport and renewable energy are becoming ever more important, as are the growth of new industries and information and communication technologies.
Technological progress is also key to finding lasting solutions to both economic and environmental challenges, such as providing new jobs and promoting energy efficiency. Promoting sustainable industries, and investing in scientific research and innovation, are all important ways to facilitate sustainable development.
More than 4 billion people still do not have access to the Internet, and 90 percent are from the developing world. Bridging this digital divide is crucial to ensure equal access to information and knowledge, as well as foster innovation and entrepreneurship.

Stating that the municipality does not have any need to supply any technological literacy goes against what the UN has set and stated. It means they are trying to ignore you.

0 Likes

במסמך דרישות מופעים הקריטריונים לתמיכה, אלו הם אבני הבוחן מולם אנו נמדדים
לא ידוע לי על כל קשר למסודות האו"ם בהקשר זה
ע"מ 4

1 Like

I would like to add another objective:
הנגשה של ידע מתחום המדעים המדויקים וההנדסה לכל אדם, ללא קשר לידע קודם שיש ברשותו (למשל תעודת בגרות, לימודים אקדמיים) ובלבד שיש לו רצון ללמוד.

That would be something Tel Aviv city welfare would like to see. You already wrote previously but that’s more clear form. That could be a good basis for cooperation with programs such as חינוך לפסגות and others.

0 Likes