BIG CNC (RESOLVED)

For the past few weeks this subject has been raised again. mainly because it is becoming a blocker for @dkostadinov7 @id3m, @agf998 and myself, for working and making the upstairs usable (building lights tables etc)
i want to solve this for good, this saga has been going on for a along time.
this has become a pain point for me and several members that have expressed their frustrations on multiple channels.

@guyovadia1 please give us a date that we can meet together all of us, and reach a conclusion, about this on going issue.

Thanks.

We can perhaps next week some evening. anyway, worst case - Iโ€™m moving to a new apartment in the next 60 days at most (likely earlier) and it should be bigger. Iโ€™ll be able to bring the CNC to my place then, at least until it is in working order.

Asaf, any progress on the cable-making?

ืื ื™ ืขื•ื‘ื“ ืขืœ ื”ื›ื‘ืœื™ื ื‘ืกื•ืคื™ ืฉื‘ื•ืข, ืื‘ืœ ื™ืฉ ื”ืจื‘ื” ืžื”ื ื•ืงืฉื” ืœื™ ืœื”ืกืคื™ืง ืœืขื‘ื•ื“ ืขืœื™ื”ื ื‘ืžืงื‘ื™ืœ ืœื›ืœ ื”ืกื“ื ืื•ืช ื•ื”ืœื™ืžื•ื“ื™ื. ืื ื™ืฉ ืžื™ืฉื”ื• ืฉืจื•ืฆื” ืœืขื–ื•ืจ, ืื ื™ ืืฉืžื—

Thank you guy :slight_smile:
in the mine-while we will move it to the bio area as it seems to have less traffic atm, so we can continue working.

hey Guy, just reminding you that you need to clear the CNC soon, 60 days are coming up.

yes I definitely remember :-/ I moved recently and am still with mountains of boxes but I expect that in a week or two Iโ€™ll be able to take it.

1 Like

Someone asked if he brings a TiG rig into tami if he can use the table upstairs to build a station for jewellery and tig welding, so we have even more motivation to move the cnc. I will ask him if heโ€™s still serious about it.

1 Like

i hope you understand why iโ€™m gonna hold you to that.
talk to you in 2 weeks

TIG welding is cool. So if the machine is not to big it would be nice
to have one.
But Tungsten electrodes are not that cheap if one breaks them.

Cheers,

Ludwig

If anyone wants to help me move the cnc either to biolab or to machine room (where it makes most sense imho) , lets do it . Currently, machine room table is collecting place for random junk (like any flat unoccupied surface in tami)

1 Like

no way it goes in the machine room again. it was a huge blocker there for all that were working.

itโ€™s not collecting random just, itโ€™s being sorted slowly by @dkostadinov7
the machine room is much more usable since we took it out.

Seem like a lot of effort if itโ€™s going in a week or two anyway (and esp given that the stairs to biohub are even narrower).
I suggest to wait til its out before it moves, moving it down.

@guyovadia1 just an idea - how about offering the cnc to one of the other hacker/makerspaces ? (in case you think you wonโ€™t use it)

We plan to get it operational. If I wouldnโ€™t have, it would probably have been donated.

hey Fromm, iโ€™ll move it down to make it easier for guy to take it out.

Hi,

I want to take the CNC out of TAMI as agreed, and Iโ€™d like to ask for help - ideally 2 more people. I think possible times for me are some time this weekend or early next week. Anyone available?

thanks!

What do you need? You can easily find 5 people to lift it or take it apart, but not everybody has a utility truck to move heavy machinery.

mostly for carrying it - in 2 parts, probably - down the stairs (assuming someone didnโ€™t already bring it down), into my car and then up to my house (thereโ€™s an elevator). No need for 5 people, just 2 extra people, preferably both with some technical skill and who can carry several 10โ€™s of kg. Thinking of it, I need to make sure it fits in my car (without the y-axis carriage).

Message me Guy. Trevor Phillips on Telegram.

this friday we will get it downstairs for you to clear it out ?

It will definitely help. It requires careful disaessembly of the carriage in order to bring it down, i think